Greater Vision Community Church
Single Ones United in Love
6th Annual Single's Weekend
"Single, But Not Alone"
Friday, September 14, 2012
Central Texas Homebuilders Association
Harker Heights, Texas
Tickets $20.00 per person
Saturday, September 15, 2012
8:00-8:50am Continental Breakfast & Registration (No Charge)
9:00 am Conference in GVCC Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall
Rev. Tanfer Hamilton
Rev. Jacque Howard
Rev. Albert Lee
(Single Ones United in Love)
Our goal is to build an effective ministry that meets the needs of todayís single Christians by getting single adult members of Greater Vision intimately involved in the ministry, understanding that being single is an acceptable and legitimate lifestyle.
To do this we will be incorporating the SOUL Super Six:
- Spiritual- Listening to Godís preached word. Meditating on the word. Reading the word daily. Praying without ceasing, building a stronger connection with God and with one another. To know of but not be of the world.
- Study- Attending Sunday School and Bible Study, which are geared toward faith development. Keeping notes/questions of these to be discussed during meetings. Spreading and sharing Godís word whenever that opportunity arises. Whether it be work, shopping etc.
- Support- Remain in constant contact with one another, building true relationships based upon the word of God. Friendly shoulder to cry on when needed, as well as giving the hard truth when needed.
- Survival- Recruiting fellow Greater Vision members to join the ministry through word of mouth and by your actions constantly portraying your love for the Lord. Sustaining current members by allowing all to have a voice and to be involved in where the ministry is going.
- Social- Fellowship outings as a ministry such as Spurs game which allows for great opportunities to build and cultivate relationships. Fellowship outings with the body such as The Winter Ball.
- Service- Establishing a relationship with our church elders and visiting with them; Supporting and encouraging our youth; Organizing and coordinate the Sweats for Seniors campaign and other actives within Greater Vision.